Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Next Hurdle...

WELLLLL.......hello there friends. How are you doing? I am sorry I have been quiet on here, but this time it is a sign of my lil' family being super busy! In a GREAT way! We are able to go out and do things, eat dinners, play on playgrounds, enjoy friends at any given moment. It may seem simple, but boy does it become special when it is taken away from you. EG has been back to school since March 2, and she has missed one day from being really tired. She wakes up before us now, gets herself dressed and just relaxes while the rest of us sludge out of bed. She is enjoying her schedule and seeing her buddies and teacher daily. It makes me smile from ear to ear.

We have had E and N in play therapy to work out the kinks of this rollercoaster and I felt SO happy that they were each moved to an every other week schedule. Whew. Progress is a beautiful thing. Our bank account, miles in the car, and overall schedules are happy about this and both counselors have seen the corner turned from both kids. We still have some anxiety issues to iron out, but that is a long term focus and I am right there with them. We are a work in progress, but I suppose that is the way it is supposed to be. Right?!

My newest challenge that I feel weighing heavy on my heart is day to day living. Let me explain. Nobody can tell me why E got this horrid disease in the first place and I find myself to be a level headed gal. I seek balance from everything in diet, electronics vs. outside play, spending on fun vs. practical purchases. It's just the Libra way. I find myself stressing over soaps, germs, diet, water, etc. You name it and I am challenging myself to find the purist possible option for the kids. I have researched and made changes where I can to improve to clean living, but I worry about it ALL the time. I just want to sleep at night knowing I am giving them the best chance to a healthy life.

But, she is a kid. A kid with a sweet tooth. I live by moderation and watch sugar like a hawk, but I am at a loss of what is "right". Should I tell her no, or continue to cringe if she has a cookie (in moderation)? I don't know. I do not know.

I will continue to stick with my gut and trust my sense of balance. I believe that living in a balance finds a sense of comfort and a system that can be a lifelong lifestyle. However, this is my challenge at the moment. I just tell myself that if I do as much as I can, where I can, then I can let it go some. I haven't made it there yet, but I am trying to tackle this latest hurdle. I just can't read the newest research...ever. Because it seems like it changes daily! Lord, give me strength!

Well, no doubt my sunshine needs will be met today. With a bonus 20 or 30 degrees added. Texas, you are so hot. And, I don't mean that as a compliment!

Until next time.

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment