Sunday, September 16, 2018

New Game Plan...

Hey y'all! I don't have much time, but I want to check in! So, my sleepwalking/screaming/running is indeed getting better. I still get up, or so I hear, but it is much calmer and almost seemingly that I know that this is a false alarm. You'd think it would sink in after one bajillion times in row that this is all a punk on myself. But, here we are. Jeff seems to think I am not spiking a high heart rate anymore and I have lost the panic of it all. So, I am feeling like a calm and cool crazy person. Check that off the bucket list, why don't ya?!

I have been hooked up with a psychotherapist, since I feel like talk therapy has come to a standstill. Let me tell you, it is so awesome. I only had a quick preview, but from what I saw and felt...weeee. I am hooked and SO happy to try a new avenue to continue my healing from some of this madness. It involves Chinese medicine, tapping, handing control over to God, balance, trusting myself, EDMR and apparently getting some anger out that I have deeeeeep down. I mean, duh, it makes sense...right? I have been in pure survival mode for so much that I could not possibly make sense of it all. So, no time like the present to go for it. I am truly excited and have many appointments set up to get the ball rolling. I figured it won't hurt and mercy me, what if it helps?

A part of me is cringing putting this all out there, but the other part of me feels like this is me reaching back to my roots of starting this blog in the first place to help people out there see that it is okay to not be okay. Seeking help, which comes in so many forms, is okay. It is actually is brave. So, I will just leave this right here and feel good about someone feeling a little better with facing your own battles. We all have them people, so let's do it together. What do you say?

OK, my almost three year old needs a nap and I may go support him horizontally! I think the sunshine will find me all snuggled up on this day!

Until Next Time,

-Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing sister! Doing what you need to do for your health & wellbeing is the strongest bravest wisest thing you can do for you and your family. Please don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Love you.

    ReplyDelete