Sunday, December 16, 2018

Recap Time...

Hi friends. I am so very sorry I let this gem slide with silence. I really have good news that things have been busy from my family of five and not from stress related medical issues! As always, thank you for letting me continue to come and let myself talk "out loud" to you guys.

Let's catch up with everyone:
E is doing great and we officially crossed over to the last year of home maintenance. I can already tell it is going to fly by. I used to have to explain we had over a year left of treatment and now I can just say we are done in October. Something so exciting about that. We have a lot of friends that were ahead of us about a year and they are now done. I do have worries about not having that security blanket of the meds to keep the cells in check, but I had a good talk with the oncologist who focuses on the long term of the patients. She is confident with E's diagnosis and her push to be able to tolerate all the pieces of treatment, that is has a positive life long outlook. God bless the doctors that have come such a long way with the awful disease. Blah....dark road sign just popped up, so I am going to turn my car around and go back. See how good I am at seeing my triggers? Yes ma'am.

N is doing great. He was release from play therapy from anger and emotional issues. Don't get me wrong. My dude is still emotional, but we have tools to talk through the situations. He knows how to approach me, I know how to approach him and sometimes, he says he needs his space and we meet again about 15 minutes later. I really praise his for his hard wok on this. He is really finding his place with sports and that is huge for building confidence. I am just so proud of him.

R is at SUCH a funny age. He just sings and talks to any stranger about anything. He asked someone the other day if they wanted to play with him. Ha, the sweet older man just melted and played with his car with him for a good minute. It was a day maker for that man, I am sure of it. He had his yearly MRI to check on the small arachnoid cyst in his frontal lobe, and it has not grown at ALL over the last year! WHOOP. We have to do one more scan in 2 years and if things look good, we are FREE!!! He will not be able to play football or box, to avoid it bursting the cyst, but I am okay with that!!:) But, he is right on track developmentally and that my friends is a miracle baby. God gave us that gift and I am forever grateful.

I was challenged in October to step out my comfort zone and travel to the wedding of two very important people in my life. They got married in Mexico and I just could not miss it. Even if it meant stepping away from my girl and her fever alert issues. Jeff was an angel and supported me to travel (something that is so important to me). My goal was to challenge myself and do something for me, which is hard when you care for others so deeply. BUT, I did it and LOVED every second of seeing Marcy marry the man of her dreams and vice versa. I, of course missed Jeff. It was such a romantic place. Just lovely accommodations and love was just in the air. But, I have really good friends that made me feel perfectly normal to just be and I got to really spend time with my people. That was a worry of mine (being in people's space) and it didn't even phase my stay. But, I did it. The positive energy I picked up was SO full, and SO important to my healing. It was a milestone and I am so thankful I was able to dig up strength to do it and guess what, it all worked out at home too! Jeff is a rockstar and he really let me focus on me. That was a special time and i love my people with all my heart!!!

I have to run, but that sunshine is out right now and I am soaking it all in. Join me, why don't cha?!

Until Next Time

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment