Sunday, February 11, 2018

Love...And the Flu...

Happy love month! I am sludging out of the trenches because my beloved Ryder caught...THE FLU. Flu B to be exact. Sent me over to the dark side quick with that one. I mean. I literally scrubbed until my hands cracked. I know you can't outsmart a germ, but I sure did try. After a few days of Tamiflu, lots of popsicles, separate quarters for the kids, we broke the fever. The cough slowed down and playtime was back in full force. Now, the nights were the seventh circle of hell because all in the meantime, he was teething his back two molars. SO. There is that. Sweet baby Jesus, it just about broke me. I balled my eyes out to Jeff and he swooped in to take over the madness and over the last few days I have gone to bed at 9 and slept straight to 7. Ryder is now past the tooth cutting part, so I sent Jeff back to nap this fine Sunday afternoon to catch him up. I am telling you what. Teamwork is no joke. Whoop. Team Brown is a well oiled machine, but it won't hurt my feelings to be benched for a while because there is nothing going on!


We have a fancy dinner tonight put on by Heros for Children. It is a fantastic organization that gives a nice dinner to parents and takes care of and spoils the kids with fun and food. I AM SO EXCITED to dress up and drink champagne and know my babies are in the next room having a blast. EG's hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows have started coming back in and she is SO gorgeous. I mean, she has always been...but the tones coming in are what people pay for. I too am growing my funky haircut out. I am dreading the awkward grow out phase, but am SO excited for what it represents. Movement on our treatment. I am not afraid of some bobby pins, so watch out world. I may be looking cray for a while!

I hope you are staying healthy out there and avoiding the blasted flu outbreak. If you catch it, call me and we can cry together. The flu made me cry a lot, but we made it and you will too! Let me look for the sunshine so I can get all fancy tonight to celebrate the art of LOVE! What are you guys doing to celebrate?

Until Next Time

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment